• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REDBALL FALL SHOW GILBERT, PA SEPT 22-23, 2023

surplusyes

The Redball Military Transport Club does a fantastic job and great location on their annual fall rally and huge militaria flea market. One of the best around for buying & selling. Thanks for all of your work Jim Gilmore, looking forward to it again next week.

WHEN
Friday & Saturday, September 22nd & 23rd, 2023

9 AM - 5 PM
WHERE
West End Fairgrounds 570 Fairgrounds Rd
Gilbert, PA 18331

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there all day Friday and Saturday, my usual spots. Just bringing odds and ends military surplus to sell. Stop by and say hi!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note to self - Ignore flyer dates of Sat and Sun for next year, show up Thursday, best day is apparently Fri, head home Fri pm or Sat am. (Addmitedly, the weather wasn't very cooperative this weekend!)

Kind of a shame as the future of this hobby depends upon interesting new, younger people that are out and about at the weekend, looking for things to do, see a flyer, show up, but nothing to look at... Sarchasm, yes a little, but there is an underlying trend noticed at similar events... I appreciate that vendors need time to set up, but organisers knowingly advertise, trying to attract the curious general public, yet enthusiasts, who go for the 'deals' and bargains, go home after that. There is a bit of a disconnect with the attraction trickle down.
I too like the possibility of getting stuff from vendors, seeing what new surplus kit is available, but I also like 'giving back' by putting kids in drivers seats, answering questions and trying to keep the hobby alive showing of the green stuff.

This is not a dig at anyone - vendors, organisers etc. Just an observation of a trend, realising that as vehicles released, get bigger and more complicated, existing enthusiasts are getting older - I see the inevitable.

Look forward to some 'healthy' discussion, not angst!

Last edited:

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
We had a good time at the show on Friday. Sold a good amount of 151 body panels and got some great deals on parts. Most vendors bailed on Friday night, we stuck around till Saturday afternoon.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love this show, probably my favorite one to attend every year. I got there early am on Friday, had a great day. Lots of show-goers and vendors, the weather was really nice, and got to see some good friends again. The weather forecast showed almost 100% chance of rain for Saturday. I was disappointed to see so many pack up and leave Friday evening before anything even got there, but what you gonna do? Sure enough when I woke up out of my tent and left Saturday morning (over 80% of the vendors had already bailed) I got to enjoy a solid 5 hours of driving back home, and every minute of it was rain. So, bottom line, I don't blame the vendors for bailing, a lot of them have stuff like uniforms, field gear, manuals and books that would be ruined by the rain, so it is what it is. We'll try again next year!

I only got a chance to take a few photos of the remaining vehicles in the field Saturday morning, right before I drove home. I really liked the arty pieces and the tracked vehicles, the Japanese camp was different too. See ya'll next year!

Attachments

iicvcv24

Note to self - Ignore flyer dates of Sat and Sun for next year, show up Thursday, best day is apparently Fri, head home Fri pm or Sat am. (Addmitedly, the weather wasn't very cooperative this weekend!)

Kind of a shame as the future of this hobby depends upon interesting new, younger people that are out and about at the weekend, looking for things to do, see a flyer, show up, but nothing to look at... Sarchasm, yes a little, but there is an underlying trend noticed at similar events... I appreciate that vendors need time to set up, but organisers knowingly advertise, trying to attract the curious general public, yet enthusiasts, who go for the 'deals' and bargains, go home after that. There is a bit of a disconnect with the attraction trickle down.
I too like the possibility of getting stuff from vendors, seeing what new surplus kit is available, but I also like 'giving back' by putting kids in drivers seats, answering questions and trying to keep the hobby alive showing of the green stuff.

This is not a dig at anyone - vendors, organisers etc. Just an observation of a trend, realising that as vehicles released, get bigger and more complicated, existing enthusiasts are getting older - I see the inevitable.

Look forward to some 'healthy' discussion, not angst!
I know I’m late on this response, but I’m not sure who told you the best day is Friday, Saturday has always been the best day for it. We just missed out on Saturday this year due to the rain. But Saturday is always the busiest day due to people being off from school and work.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I’m late on this response, but I’m not sure who told you the best day is Friday, Saturday has always been the best day for it. We just missed out on Saturday this year due to the rain. But Saturday is always the busiest day due to people being off from school and work.
as a "spectator", I'd agree but for people on this forum, who collect/restore/show military vehicles, want to meet with like minded souls, my vote, from experience is the Friday - for a full day. Sat is good, but often, even with good weather, exhibitors/vendors start to leave by lunch.

iicvcv24

as a "spectator", I'd agree but for people on this forum, who collect/restore/show military vehicles, want to meet with like minded souls, my vote, from experience is the Friday - for a full day. Sat is good, but often, even with good weather, exhibitors/vendors start to leave by lunch.
You know what, I will agree. I’m apart of the hosting group and we take down our tent around 2:30-3pm and start taking the vehicles back to the Shop around the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks