• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redline needed

Diamondjim11

Hey Guys,
I am working on getting my M52A1 multifuel ready to use and I noticed there is no redline marked on the tach. I was wondering what it should be. When I brought it home I was running around 2100-2200 but didn't want to push it. Since I did not know what the redline was. Can someone give me the correct redline. Thanks
Jim

woodywood

Private
if the tach is right i have seen the multi run as much as 2900. was told that was too much but it went over 200 miles like that! my m54 runs about 26-2700 rpm's and its a smoker!(black smoke not oil smoke!)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My redline sticker is at 2500 RPM... That does bring up a good question though.

Does anyone sell redline stickers? Mine is worn and faded... I am considering making one from red electrical tape but it won't have the white letters with DANGER... any ideas?
Yes, get with Polverone...megasticker.com or leftcoastdesign. Look on e-bay, he sells them as well as most of the other decals for the trucks there.
Here's a link to his items,
eBay Seller: leftcoastdesign: Collectibles, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

Diamondjim11

M-52

First, I want to know why someone took the Mack that was in it out. Then stuck a multifuel in? Either that, or it's not an M52a1
Westfolk,
I was going by what I was told when I bought this truck. Perhaps that is not the correct set of suffix numbers. It is a 68 kaiser 5 ton tractor with a multifuel engine, that was overhauled at lead. in 1986. If I am incorrect in my description, please forgive my mistake and mark it under inexperience.:oops: If someone can give me the correct name/numbers I will be greatful. And from what I am seeing 2500-2600 is the rpm limit. Thanks
JIm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks