• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone Arsenal loadout problem

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought two M105 trailers down at Redstone. The problem is, I was planning on stacking one on the other and pulling them home but Teresa says that their loader is broken down and they can't stack them. I've got a tractor trailer I could carry to get them both on but that seems way overkill. I've got a 16' trailer I could borrow (if two M105s will fit on a 16' trailer) but with the loader broken I'm not sure they could even load it.

Does anybody know anyone local that could stack the trailers or any other option I could have other than making two trips?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet, with a come-a-long, you could load 2 on the 16' trailer.

You might find a local wrecker service that could lift/load them for you.(stack them as you planned)

Wreckerman may know someone local(that's local, not loco!)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They have a loading dock that is the correct highth for a low step deck trailer....you can back your trailer up to it and use a deuce or other truck with pintle hitch to load them with.
Back the first one all the way on the trailer and let the tongue rest on the trailer deck.
Back the next one so it straddles the tongue of the first one and you should be able to get both on.
Adam (Teresa's son) should be able to help you out....they ususally have a yard truck that they use for slaving off trucks with dead batteries.
Call and make sure they can/will do it.

joeM62

What DH said, a roll back should be able to get both at once if you can't use a trailor that or take two trucks to get the trailors and save money.

davidkroberts

I have a few trailers down in redstone. If you could drop them in jackson tennessee i would pay the majority of your cost in getting them in the semi. I need them hauled home anyway and was going to pay eric with hotshot to broker them anyway. PM me if you want to do that. I know its out of your way but probably not that far of a detour

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, we may could work that out but it all depends on if I could get them loaded.

I'm temped to bolt a pintle hitch on the back of one of them and pull doubles. I know that some people have tried this with bad results but there's a few that said it worked fine. I'm thinking that if I try this, I'll need to take some weight to put in the front of the front trailer. I think that's the main problem with people that had problems. The back trailer tongue weight takes too much weight off of the tongue of the front trailer, causing it to sway. The front one starts to sway which in turn causes the back one to sway even more and then you're in the ditch. Let it be known if I try this, I will try it and if it looks like it isn't going to be safe, I'll stop and regroup.

davidkroberts

im not that far off, I can help get this done if possible. I really wasnt looking forward to a 800 dollar freight bill from huntsville to jackson. I have a friend who hauls coils to outside huntsville. I might see if he can grab both of ours on a backhaul. Then you would only be pulling from jackson tn instead of huntsville.

This can be worked out its just getting it done somehow. Somehow i dont like the idea of pulling double m105's seems real unstable to me.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam (Teresa's son) should be able to help you out.
Teresa did say they had a rented forklift of some kind but didn't want to do loadouts with it for fear they'd tear up the forklift and have to pay for damages because it's rented. I really don't care if they damage the trailer because one of them is pretty rough anyway (I only bought it for the axles).

WM, I wonder if Teresa's son may could do a little more than was said if he were to recieve a "tip" for his troubles? ;-)

Anybody planning on bidding on anything at Redstone that requires loading, keep in mind that Teresa said their forklift is going to be down for an extended period of time. She said there wouldn't be any money for repairs available until the first of the year.

Alredneck

Banned
I had the same problem last week. I went in a buddies pickup to find out the loader was broken. Ended up having to make two trips one with my Cop car as a tow rig. ( pulled very well, got air shock in the back ) If yall want this done I can take my low pro over there next week and get all for of them and bring them to yall David you are not terribly far from me anyway! ****son? Going have to look that on a map. If yall can cover my fuel and a sandwich, it would be much aprreciated. I can winch onto my trailer or drop and self load. Let me know.

Albin

m16,

If worse comes to worse, I have a 18' 10k lb car hauler and a F-350 PSD and live in Madison, just outside of RSA. If you need it, I could haul them up to ****son if you take care of the fuel.

Good luck.

Al

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My uncle is friends with a farm equipment dealer in Athens,AL. I talked to him today and he said if I could get them to his place he would stack them for me. I may go that route but my options are still open.

Alredneck, I'm open to that idea also. Shoot me a PM on how much you'd need to have.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have loaded two M105s on my 16 foot car hauler several times, it easier with a fork lift but a come a long or small winch will load them in a couple of hours. I have had to do it since Hooks has stopped helping with load outs!

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the two trailers home today. I won't post how I did it but I didn't haul them and didn't make two trips ;-). Everything went fine.

I had plans for the two trailers but I sold one of them before I even made it home. I stopped at a local market on the way home and a guy I know came up to me and asked me about them. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse (he offered me over 3X what I had in it :shock: ).

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the two trailers home today. I won't post how I did it but I didn't haul them and didn't make two trips ;-). Everything went fine.

I had plans for the two trailers but I sold one of them before I even made it home. I stopped at a local market on the way home and a guy I know came up to me and asked me about them. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse (he offered me over 3X what I had in it :shock: ).
Very nice, so basically you got a free trailer out of the whole ordeal. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks