• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remove fenders

Wick246

Unfortunately I have no experience on the truck itself, however when I disassemble stuff like that I like to have ziplock sandwich / freezer bags and a permenant marker handy. Place the bolts from each piece in it's own bag and immediately write on the bag itself what they go to. Keeps things from getting lost and reassembly is much easier.

red devils dude

Wick246 said:
Unfortunately I have no experience on the truck itself, however when I disassemble stuff like that I like to have ziplock sandwich / freezer bags and a permenant marker handy. Place the bolts from each piece in it's own bag and immediately write on the bag itself what they go to. Keeps things from getting lost and reassembly is much easier.
I do that and I use jar's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed, they are pretty easy and there's 2 approaches. The headlight door comes off with the fender so unwire that as required. There are several bolts inside the fender that attach it to the cab and splash panel, remove those. Now heres where the difference lies. At the front of the fender underneath it attaches to a channel support that attaches to the frame with 4 bolts. Most folks unbolt the fender from that support but the bolts have springs on them and can be difficult to remove with rust and all. I pull the wiring out of the channel and unbolt the channel from the frame with 4 bolts and the fender is on the ground. Of course don;t forget the little things in your way such as horn wiring and air, turnsignal flasher and the like.

Low-Tech-Redneck

It's easiest to take the whole fender off, front channel and all, we didn't when we replaced the fender on our deuce, and it was a bit tough getting those channel bolts off. Here's a pretty good picture of the whole assembly off the truck (Passenger's Side) You can see where some of the bolts attach

http://www.revrend.net/pics/albums/ltr/normal_009.jpg

And the truck with the fender off, again, the image shows where most of the bolt holes are
http://www.revrend.net/pics/albums/ltr/normal_043.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LTR, this must have been a fender replacement. I can see where one hacked off the air line to the horn. I prefer romving the channel for sure!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if your fender seems to be flat on top, its a gasser variation. I have those on my wrecker. The multifuel fenders are angled right inside the access door to the frame.

Low-Tech-Redneck

The guage on the manifold is an oil pressure guage, (since removed) that we installed so we could monitor oil pressure of the motor while we were working on it, that way Dad and I could both be outside the cab at the same time.

The fender with the snipped air line was a replacement for the one on the truck that was crunched a bit, Ken threw it in as part of the deal when we bought the deuce from him

red devils dude

Low-Tech-Redneck said:
The guage on the manifold is an oil pressure guage, (since removed) that we installed so we could monitor oil pressure of the motor while we were working on it, that way Dad and I could both be outside the cab at the same time.

The fender with the snipped air line was a replacement for the one on the truck that was crunched a bit, Ken threw it in as part of the deal when we bought the deuce from him
can you tell me how it was hooked up? I'm going to add a mechanical
oil pressure gauge for start up on the new engine.

Low-Tech-Redneck

It was put into the hole for the regular oil pressure guage, when we were done, we removed it, both guages were never running at the same time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks