• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing torque rods and v-bar

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any tips on removing these? Wondering if special press tool is needed, or if the taper is big enough they can just be tapped out fairly easily?

1700222545259.png

1700222491941.png

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are anything like my steering tie rods and drag link they will pop out with a couple good smacks on the housings, etc.

The TM just says "remove two self-locking nuts" and "remove torque rod"

The prescribed tool list:

General Mechanics Tool kit, jack, jack stands, goggles, torque wrench, multiplier, socket set, and a "Wrecking Bar" 🙄

Apparently *something* is getting wrecked. Might be the truck..... might be you.

Ryan31783

I believe that I’m qualified to answer the question. I ended up using a 1” impact and 1” breaker bar to undo the nuts, a porta power to push/pull where neededand a 3 or 4 lb sledge, hitting the side of the housing with pressure applied while applying heat. There is no way around getting the center V-bar mount removed on the truck, you will have to remove that assembly and get creative in a shop press.

Attachments

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that I’m qualified to answer the question. I ended up using a 1” impact and 1” breaker bar to undo the nuts, a porta power to push/pull where neededand a 3 or 4 lb sledge, hitting the side of the housing with pressure applied while applying heat. There is no way around getting the center V-bar mount removed on the truck, you will have to remove that assembly and get creative in a shop press.
Thanks! That's what I feared, well I'll make sure I have the appropriate tools before trying to tackle this

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks