• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repairing an ASK box enclosure on an MEP-003

Kahles56

I was running a generator check on my MEP -003 today,
I hate mice,
I hate mice.
Did say that I HATE MICE!

THE unit spewed fiberglass for 45 min out of the 1.25 hours I ran the unit.

I have to run the unit with the ASK Kit due to the noise and neighbors where I live.
Now down too the question at hand,

What is the best repair material to use in repairing the fiber glass on these units,
Is there a cloth that can withstand the heat and survive a mouse munching on that I can overlay the existing black covering that is on the fiberglass? Kevlar cloth,? if availably?
HAS anyone used 3/4 in foam board repairing the panels, if so did it work?
I wish the Manufacturer had armored all of the glass material like they had when they made the doors for the ASK kit.

God I hate to take apart the ASK kit as it is a pain, but well worth the noise reduction.

Suggestions, flames, Ideas?

Thanks,
Ken, AKA Kahles56

Ray70

One of the best things I have used it the "cheap" 2' x 4' Drop ceiling tiles, the ones that are dense yellow fiberglass with a thin bumpy textured white layer on 1 side.
Just peel off the white layer and use the fiberglass board.
They are available at home depot and Lowes, but sometimes they don't sell them individually.
I have also used the bubble foil insulation, but prefer the fiberglass ceiling tiles by far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks