• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Air Governor for M931

D6c

I noticed that the rear edge of the hood on my M931 has been rubbing the top fitting on the air governor. It's worn quite a bit into the brass fitting and it looks to have hammered on it enought to either bend the fitting or partially strip the threads in the governor body.
Not something I want to have fail going down the road so I was thinking of just replacing the governor.

My question is, will the new style I find for sale (bottom pic) be a direct replacement or will I have to redo some of the air lines to get it to fit?
What is the gasket that comes with the new one used for? There doesn't seem to be any line going through the firewall that would require a gasket.

governor.jpg

Governor- new.jpg

bigford

The gasket is used for direct mounting the gov to a compressor. The gov pictured can be remote mounted like yours or direct mounted on the compressor if the holes are there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
DB2 governors are all the same.

it is mounted on the firewall there so it could feed off the ppv side of the system rather than having lines run back and forth to the motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks