• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement manual pump with directional valve

Ronmar

I didn’t find any specs for it, so don’t have any displacement info to compare it to whats there. The pump that is in there is I believe made by PowerPacker and displaces ~1/4 cu/in and only pumps on the downward stroke, so it takes about 160 pumps to lift the cab. they also make the same basic valve with a directional control valve for about the same cost. Broke overland did a utube video installing one of those.

I went with a prince wolverine hand pump unit with control valve that pumps on both the up and downstroke. It is also significantly larger displacement and moves 3/4 cu/in per up or downstroke(1.5 cu/in total). It requires more lever force(#40 peak@ end of lever) but has been working well for several months now and I am very happy with it. The wolverine 1.5 cu/in pump and small reservoir are under $200… Here is a video of it mocked up for testing, it is still there, working great and I have not put it in it’s final location yet

abfisher1798

I didn’t find any specs for it, so don’t have any displacement info to compare it to whats there. The pump that is in there is I believe made by PowerPacker and displaces ~1/4 cu/in and only pumps on the downward stroke, so it takes about 160 pumps to lift the cab. they also make the same basic valve with a directional control valve for about the same cost. Broke overland did a utube video installing one of those.

I went with a prince wolverine hand pump unit with control valve that pumps on both the up and downstroke. It is also significantly larger displacement and moves 3/4 cu/in per up or downstroke(1.5 cu/in total). It requires more lever force(#40 peak@ end of lever) but has been working well for several months now and I am very happy with it. The wolverine 1.5 cu/in pump and small reservoir are under $200… Here is a video of it mocked up for testing, it is still there, working great and I have not put it in it’s final location yet

I‘m using the same pump from your video on my 1078. It’s great and your video was instrumental in making that decision.

This other option I’m only interested in because of a possible direct fit. I saw that video by broke overland and he did some material removal to make it work. I am curious if anyone here did the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks