• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing hoses: build locally or find the part?

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blew our first mv oil line today. The line between the block near the oil sender and the air compressor. It was an old rubber/fabric line on our list to replace, wish I had done it sooner. Two questions:

1— Since we are home is it best to go to the local John Deere dealer or Tractor Supply to have one made; or should I look for this item?
IMG_3303.jpeg

2— If the former: Is it best to replace with similar hose material or braided steel?

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the tag to search the assembly and part number brings up all the design specs: with that information, too easy to jusy have one made locally—

coachgeo

Using the tag to search the assembly and part number brings up all the design specs: with that information, too easy to jusy have one made locally—
we really could use a thread in here on how to find spec's as you mention. Ive found them on occasion but always forget which of the sites can actually lead one down to them... and which ones just want you to fill out info so they can send you sales material

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
we really could use a thread in here on how to find spec's as you mention. Ive found them on occasion but always forget which of the sites can actually lead one down to them... and which ones just want you to fill out info so they can send you sales material
I agree. I did find that a DuckDuckGo search worked better than a Google one, no idea why. I am just starting to understand how to use the NSN and/or part number repositories. The tag off the original hose is going back on the new one when I install it later today.

I would attend a class, even online, to learn more about the hunt for parts and pieces, if it might help me understand the system. Perhaps having never worked a motor pool is a disadvantage when owning these trucks?

To close out this thread: John Deere and Tractor Supply did not have fittings small enough for this particular oil line; NAPA did and built in minutes what looks like a very good quality hose with the right fittings. I was concerned I would end up with MIPs ends instead of the JICs (37º), like most of the assemblies I found online.

Over time I am hoping to build my list of LMTV bits and pieces available from NAPA so when on the road 'must fix' DIY issues arise I have a trusted source available most places–

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks