• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reputation comment notification

Banshee365

I'm unable to get a reputation comment notification to go away, it always say's '1'. I do not have any feedback or anything so I can't figure out what this is all about.

Thanks!

-Kelly

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't worry, I can't ever figure it out either. I do deals and never leave anything. Sure hope folks don't think I didn't care. Then again, I use my mental telepathy to induce into their brains that I do care and did appreciate the deal. Of course I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that. You know? Of course you know cause I made you know.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The reputation system was disabled. It was a "popularity contest" really and served no purpose. Different from the feedback system used to rate buyers/sellers.

Banshee365

Gotcha, so at some point I had a reputation notification. But, since that function is disabled now I'm not able to show that notification as read/notified therefore it's stuck on there? Makes sense, just wandering.

MarcusOReallyus

It was a "popularity contest" really and served no purpose.
I have seen that "reputation" system degrade a good site as everybody jumped on the stupidity bandwagon and starting posting replies and even whole threads just to get and give "rep".

IMO, disabling it is a very good thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks