• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

return lines

jsd563

I seen a thread here about replacing the rubber return lines with ones from a powerstroke? or what lines do I use.... mine are orig. and before I get a leak I wanna change them

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dormans will let you down. They are not very good quality.

They is a company the sells a kit. I will see if I can find it.

Barrman

Badger Diesel sells kits of the return hoses. End caps for the back injectors. No more little bitty clamps needed either. I bought a set from them and then ordered a bunch of line just to keep as spares. Maybe $30 total with shipping for 3 or 4 kits.

top_prop

As for rubber hoses, just buy them by the SAE spec and cut to length:

--30r9 are the best hoses

--30r6 are cheaper and will work (unless you run bio), and are what your neighborhood auto store will probably stock as "fuel injector' hose.

I'd stay away from anything else as it probably is not rated for diesel and will eventually swell, crack, leak etc...

if you ever run bio diesel you'll want the 30r9. I understand 30r9 is the 'oem spec' hose on most cars now. You can learn a lot by taking the time to find out speficications and googling stuff like the spec names:

30r9 Fuel Injection Hose SAE 30R9 | Goodyear® Engineered Products

30r6 SAE 30R6 | Goodyear® Engineered Products

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks