• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reverse Outcome

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I notice that there is NOT a NEW AD button anymore, with the NEW ADs going to the NEW POST button,

When I come on site, the first page that shows is a INDEX list of ALL the threads {not just "NEW POST) that goes back about 20 -24 hours and I can click on "first UNREAD post" icon or/and the STEEL SOLRIERS BANNER which REFRESHES the page , when I sign on, I would go to "NEW ADS" just for grins, now since I already SEE all the threads, there is NO NEED to look at NEW POSTS and since NEW ADS do not show up on this INDEX page but only in NEW POSTs, I will be seeing LESS of NEW ADS, unless I want to go to the CLASSIFIEDS

I believe there are more members that are in the same boat that use the INDEX list rather then the NEW POST, it just seems EASIER to me, so with the above said, I believe that by REMOVING the NEW ADS bUTTON it will have EXACTLY the OPPOSITE EFFECT for viewing the ads and response then was INTENDED, I am not sure what some wanted but this is what we have, some times progress is not better, Love it when a plan comes together 2cents

Last edited:

flyxpl

The first thing I did was look at the New Adds button also . I also do not like having to look at all the new post just to see the new adds .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ADD, attention deficit disorder

Ad, advertisement

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused! If the add button was added so you could see ads, then was the new add button added and the add button removed to allow you to see the new additions, but not the new advertisements? And while we're on the subject, seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.?