• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right side mirror?

tigertank

OK I got a new set of NOS mirrors the driver side is perfect but the right side is sorta pointed down? if I knew how to post a pic I wud but I wondered if any one else has this issue?

FloridaAKM

My truck has the opposite problem, drivers mirror looks level in the sight picture, but is not level in the frame. Loosen up your frame & position it to where your mirror is perpendicular to the ground & the frame parallel with the trucks lines. It worked for me. The prior drivers probably ran into something & bent the frame.

TedG

The upper bracket on the mirror is side specific. It should point towards front. Manual provides view and part number. Also, the mirror head is side specific.

gcbennet

The lower mirror is intended to give a view of the lower/rear of the vehicle for situational awareness while backing. That said, they are definitely side specific as TedG has pointed out.

FloridaAKM

My brackets are original, so that is why side specific is not know to me,until now. I only replaced the original mirrors with MRAP mirrors from GL as the original were turning gray & falling apart!