• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rigid Tool Box

Westex

Been miserating over how to carry my tools around in the Deuce (and relieve all the tools everywhere) so I purchased a Rigid tool box at Home Depot today. Going to camo paint it, then bolt it down to the back of the Deuce Bed, then tack the bolt studs with my welder. Ain't coming off, ever, because any thief would need an arc welder and alot of time to burn off the studs underneath the Deuce. By then I'd have them. (The perps)

Scarecrow1

Good luck with that , and I really mean it. My mother always said locks are made for honest people because a crook can beat them every time .... Can,t tell you how many times those words have turned out to be true ....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Jobox type chest has always interested me for the deuce. At least the locks will keep the honest folks out. If opportunity is out of site, it will be out of mind for the honest folk. For the criminals, rig the box with CS attached to trips. If ya can't keep em out, smoke em out.

Westex

The Jobox type chest has always interested me for the deuce. At least the locks will keep the honest folks out. If opportunity is out of site, it will be out of mind for the honest folk. For the criminals, rig the box with CS attached to trips. If ya can't keep em out, smoke em out.
You gave me the idea a couple of posts ago somewhere. Fact of the matter is when I travel around this border area, I generally don't lose sight of the truck for very long....for obvious reasons. Perhaps I need OPCOM to chime in and tell me how to wire it to make it look like the Robocop movie where the guy falls out of the car smoking.....

jesusgatos

I'd like to get one or two of those job boxes to carry in my trailer. It's enclosed, but I want to be able to move some stuff from inside the trailer to outside the trailer when I set up camp. Been thinking about figuring out how to lock them up under the trailer, so they'll be harder to steal. That should also make it more difficult for someone to drive off with my trailer. But when I'm camped out in the boonies, I've got to have a different mindset when it comes to security and theft prevention. If I'm ever going to leave anything unattended, I've just got to resign myself to the fact that I might lose it.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you got your welder going, weld up some 1/4" bar stock so it covers the lid and you can padlock it. We used to have that set up on our parts and tool cabinets, but not as heavy as 1/4". They'll need a spud bar or C-4 to get it open then.;-)

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to get one or two of those job boxes to carry in my trailer. It's enclosed, but I want to be able to move some stuff from inside the trailer to outside the trailer when I set up camp. Been thinking about figuring out how to lock them up under the trailer, so they'll be harder to steal. That should also make it more difficult for someone to drive off with my trailer. But when I'm camped out in the boonies, I've got to have a different mindset when it comes to security and theft prevention. If I'm ever going to leave anything unattended, I've just got to resign myself to the fact that I might lose it.

Hey, sus!

Theft prevention is always a game of time/effort. We do everything we can to slow down the thieves and make it not worth their effort to take our stuff. Harden the target is the best you can do.

For when you are camped out, how about a game camera? A least you might find out who was messing with your stuff when you are away.

The job boxes are great. I watch Craigslist for them and can consistently buy them near new condition for $100. If a specific box can't be bought for that, I just wait for the next one. I usually buy the Greenlee boxes, and once bought one for $60.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks