• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roadtrip Seattle to Rochester MN, Via WA,MT, WY, SD & MN in a M1079

freecr

Hi all,

Its ill advised, but I am going to try it regardless.

I'm going to pick up a '94 M1079 from Ft Lewis-McChord late next week, spend a day at my sisters going over it in Seattle and then drive it back to Rochester, MN. I hoping to find some safe ports along the way in case of issues. Possibly a place to 'limp to if needed, that won't mind a stranger turning wrenches in the driveway. In a catastrophic extreme case, a place to park it while arranging/waiting for shipping. The intent is driving it back, but having a back up plan seems prudent. Only planning to stop at truck stops... unless there's problems. I not looking for lodging or free meals, just emergency contacts along I90 through WA, MT, WY, SD and most of MN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjt1969

I'm on the East side of Spokane just off of I-90 almost to the Idaho border. If you have any problems in my neck of the woods let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. Good luck on your trip.

Brian

tim292stro

If you're still stuck there in two months, I should be going through that way. I might be in the market for a "ran when parked" M1079 :lol:

Just kidding, best of luck on the trip, take lots of pictures (like with a dash cam, or when you're stopped of course). [thumbzup]

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Godspeed and care! Lots of miles. LOTS of good S.S. members too, so stay in touch! Might contact other members that have that type of vehicle and ask about common/frequent trouble spots they are prone to have. Suggest a large credit card limit. ENJOY the trip!! It'll be an adventure anyway you look at it!

wbread99

Great Falls, Montana. 3 hours off I-90. PM me for contact info...

I have a place here just off Malmstrom AFB who services my 923A2 with no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks