• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roll back conversion

FreightTrain

Banned
has anyone ever done a roll back onversion on a deuce?Seen dumpers made with factory beds but I wonder about converting the bed to slide back and tip so you can load cars like a roll back wrecker......

DMgunn

RE: Roll back

I've given it ALOT of thought. That is the one thing I could do to actually justify owning the truck in the first place....however, mine is a 5-ton, and I'd hate to see the cost of a rollback bed that can drop that far, and still have a usable loading angle (there's a reason most rollbacks are low-pros, and not 5-tons on 16.00s). But I keep imagining the backwoods recoveries I could do in any weather - and the ability to snatch up some of the classic iron still sitting in pastures in this part of the country......

FreightTrain

Banned

I know our Freightshaker's bed is about the same height as teh deuce.I was wondering cause I thought it would be wild to drive up at the race track,Pull into the pits and find a spot,then roll the bed off and drive my race car out of the bed all covered with a Cargo cover.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You could also for-go all that and buy an M812 bridge truck and the pallet for the back. Unload the pallet, drive whatever you want on the pallet, bind it down and load the pallet back on the truck. Just like a rollback but you can drop the whole bed on the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks