• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roll Bar

Bent Bolt

Well I am starting to get my Jeep ready to drive in '12. Just sorting out the fuel system right now. I am not doing a full resto but more of a get it reliable and drivable. I am hoping I can drive it all summer. That said, I'd really like a little more driver protection as in a roll bar.

I've been looking but so far no luck, not even a picture of one. Any thoughts ?

Kevin

hilber

Not I, but will watch with interest, I saw a thread the other day where someone put one in a Blazer. Looked good. There is bound to be someone on here to help. I am impressed at the knowledge here.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
i have a cj2a I'm restoring as a m38/gpw wannabe and I'm putting the roll bar in it even though the military didn't have them just for the added safety. I think the barout of a cj5would fit could pry get one from junkyard cheep.

gunter635

I just pulled one from my 53 m38a1. I believe it to be from a cj5. Was a tight fit but was bolted down the right way. Don't know if it will go back in or not. I'll wait and see how the paint job turns out.

Bent Bolt

Yeah , from what I can tell , a early CJ5 roll bar should work. Mind you I was looking at the seats and seating area of the M38A1 the other day. If I get T-boned I'm screwed anyway! One piece of thin sheet metal between me and someones front bumper !

modified

any aftermarket roll-bar fitted for a 1955-1971 CJ5 will fit. though you might want to consider the following: -full cage to frame renders more protection as opposed to bolt-on variation that mount to tub floor. Half cages provide minimal protection in case of rollover as these just mount on the rear fender wells. -full cage would impede access to your glove box on dash rear drivers side tool storage lids. -half and full cages can offer ideal mounting for 3 pt seat belt of better with mod... -check your top enclosure and door interests (soft, Winter, or hard top ) prior to configuring should you consider . check out the website; Earlycj5.com for ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks