• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rolling Coal

Status
Not open for further replies.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fossil fuel vehicles are on the way out it’s clear. So while I don’t want to accelerate that process, it is inevitable.
Trading portable fossil fuel ICE for stationary fossil fuel, or fissile fuel, or subsidized fuel. At least until fusion becomes viable.

Fusion has been only 20 years away for about 50 years now...

( I don't disagree with you )

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow....I am blown away by how much everyone here hates rollin coal 😂😂😂. So many fun opportunities you guys are missing. Some idiot pisses you off in traffic just skip two gears and mash it. Now his cab is full of black and he can’t see. I miss my 5.9 Cummins for that reason. Post #24 is step by step the only safe and effective way to do this in a Humvee.
Gotta love how friendly this forum is....people would rather tell you to destroy your vehicle or spout off random stupidity like cut the injector tips off over seeing you do something they don’t like. On the plus side probably the first time nobody has said read the TM.
Because some of us live in areas that require emissions testing of diesel-powered trucks/pickups (NV: in Reno/LV area, all diesel-powered vehicles under 14K-lb GVW). That means an extra $50 per year or more, in addition to already high registration fees, all due to someone upset over "rolling coal," and the do-gooders getting involved with new legislation to "do something about it." The NV legislation requiring emissions testing is worded to make it sound like the counties involved are complying with federal "clean air" requirements, but I have first-hand knowledge that the legislators who backed it were concerned about all the "hot-rod" diesel pickups were rolling coal all over the place & fouling the air.....

We all know that the road to Hades is paved with good intentions; after all, it's for the safety of the children. When someone sees you "rolling coal," they HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! And in too many areas in our country, they already have. Thanks.

big block 88

While we are closer now than 20 years ago to fossil fuels being gone its nkt going anywhere in my time. Its just a matter of time till people start wondering how and what there batteries are made of and where the batts end up when they are being destroyed.

Aviation and maritime is too dependent on fossil fuels still. Theres no way around fuel being wasted on rediculous cruise ships is my big pet peave. The amount of heavy crude being burned is insane. The gas turbines in some of the navys newest fast boats fuel usage is stagering. Then look at fuel usage of jumbo and super jumbo planes.

I think we need to tap our NG reserves and that will clean up our act quite a bit. NG isnt perfect but its clean.

Skrilex

Banned
While we are closer now than 20 years ago to fossil fuels being gone its nkt going anywhere in my time. Its just a matter of time till people start wondering how and what there batteries are made of and where the batts end up when they are being destroyed.

Aviation and maritime is too dependent on fossil fuels still. Theres no way around fuel being wasted on rediculous cruise ships is my big pet peave. The amount of heavy crude being burned is insane. The gas turbines in some of the navys newest fast boats fuel usage is stagering. Then look at fuel usage of jumbo and super jumbo planes.

I think we need to tap our NG reserves and that will clean up our act quite a bit. NG isnt perfect but its clean.
Don’t forget trains and semi trucks. Yes the usage is staggering. Cruise ships account for .00001% I’d guess. There’s whole towns that get their power directly from diesel generators. Then there’s the coal industry, where Americans still get their majority if electricity from. I dunno. Seems like we are steaming toward the edge to me, but heck, I’m only worried about my time on earth, like everyone else. Screw the kids, let them deal with the consequences.

Gunzy

Idiots rolling coal here where I live is the sole reason the county implemented a diesel emissions program.

tage

the problem is that the shipping industry does not use emissions devices to clean up the air. they don't even burn diesel. They burn what ever they can get there hands on, and many times its very dirty long chain hydrocarbons. aviation is better in my opinion, but the fact is they are still leaving emissions high up in the atmosphere.

btw to think diesel is going away.... is in my opinion very ignorant. and you need to stop sipping the epa Kool-aide. the United States has been the top of the largest producers of oil in the world for a few years now. The fact we buy arab oil is solely political.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks