• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rons Oct. Classifieds News

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I see it is about time for another news letter, I was trying for a monthly or at least bi-monthly but got caught up in other things (getting TWO wreckers up for the 12SSGAR is a bit of a time suck)

I am here as the CLASSIFIEDS MOD not only to make sure the rules are followed, but to help get this stuff sold, to try to iron out any winkles that might develop, I read and answer EVERY PM/EMAIL that I get concerning the Classifieds, you might not like the answer but you will get a answer, for those that need to talk on the phone, ask for my number and we will talk. I am always open to suggestion to make the Classifieds BETTER

First,---THANK YOU the 99% that are trying to keep the CLASSIFIEDS running smoothly by following the rules, asking question, and helping me keep some sort of order and helping to keep the CLASSIFIEDS from turning into total chaos, THANK YOU again.

Second,--You 1%ers that think you are SPECIAL, let me be the FIRST to burst your bubble, you may think your special but I can assure you that you are not. The rules APPPLY to you as well as anybody else, if you do not believe that, make friends with CL, EBAY, the PENNY SAVER, the local FISH WRAPER, ect. because the SS classifieds WILL NOT be on your friends list.

Now with the above said, lets go over some of the rules that "seem to get forgot about" We are not talking about ROCKET SICENCE here, The classified rules do not require a IQ of 500 to understand.

I am DONE sending PM reminders, giving warnings, the NEW Classifieds have been running for about a year now, everybody should know by now how things work, if not ask, so If you DO NOT want to follow the rules, you WILL get a infraction and DELETION.

A--- DELETE a dead ad,--- this means just that, if the ad is no longer needed, item/items are sold, delete the ad. can not be much simpler then that, If you need help in how to delete, ASK.
From the Classifieds rules
DELETE DEAD ADS, or update the thread as items are sold.
This rule is to keep the classifieds becoming like the old classifieds, with a waste of time for members
----How TO DELETE YOUR AD
on your #1 post of your AD (thread),
click on EDIT,
when edit page shows,
click on DELETE,
a new drop down shows, on the new drop down,
click on DELETE, lower LEFT,
click on DELETE, lower RIGHT,
GONE

B--- ONLY SELL WHAT YOU OWN,--- Again this means just that, if you do not own it, do not post a classified ad to sell it
--From the rules
You may only advertise items you own (No posting items for other people).
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own.

C--- NO NON MV ads, THIS means just that, UNLESS it is FOR TRADE for a MV or MV RELATED item, DO NOT post NON MV RELATED ITEMS, the SS Classifieds IS NOT CL where you can get rid of your stuff
--From the forum rules
Please keep all classified ads military vehicle related.

D--- Respond to your ad PMS and POSTED questions, The Classifieds are for ACTIVE members, NOT ABSENTEE members, contract by email, phone, text, ect. for info, DOES NOT get it, If you DO NOT want to respond to PMs and POST questions, DO NOT PLACE A AD.
--From the Classifieds Rules
As a AD POSTER, try to subscribe to your threads. This will allow you to MANAGE your listing better, to RESPOND to questions, offers, ect. that are either PMs or POST in a reasonable time frame, this DOES NOT mean PHONE, EMAIL, ECT. for details or answers .

E--- The FREE and the wanted ads seem to be getting drawn out, EVERY TIME I check, the FREE stuff is gone BUT the ad is still there, the same goes for the WANTED ads, the wanted item is found but the ad is still there, now I would suggest the you guys clean up your ads real quickly because I can fix that problem real easy by either just dumping the FREE and WANTED sections or just DELETING everything and everybody starts over, up to you.

F--- NO GUNs in the Classifieds, this means just that, NO trade for firearms, no parts, ect. EXCEPT for display purposes only
The OWNER of SS has made it VERY clear, NO WEAPONS
--From the SITE RULES
• "Do not post material dealing with the sale or use of alcohol, tobacco, or FIREARMS. The exception to the rule would be the discussion of rifle mounts or ring-mounts."
If we keep it to MV weapons only (for display purposes), it will keep this simple.
No weapons whole or parts, unless vintage/period correct and demilled (for MV displays).

G--- Do not bump your ad more then every 7 days, some of you guys are bumping twice a day, if it is not your ad DO NOT BUMP, EXCESS bumping WILL lead to ad DELETION
--From the Classifieds Rules,
Bumping, please refrain from bumping your advertisement more than once every seven(7) days, If NOT your ad, DO NOT BUMP.

H--- I have asked you guys to PLEASE high light your price, If I can not find it and I am looking for it, how in the he11 can someone else find it with a quick look, high lighting the price WILL help you sell your item.

I--- Posting your ad in BLACK is not helping you sell your item, you can not see black on a OD background which most on SS have. MOST people will not go to the trouble to highlight the black so they can read the ad, they will skip over it and go to the next ad.

J--- Please refrain from PIMPING ads, "Wow, nice truck", Wish I lived closer", You will have no trouble selling that truck" ect, ect, ect. this PIMPING does nothing but stretch out the ad, not productive, I have some that think that they need to PIMP EVERY AD, some ads that are 3 pages long have 2 or three 3 ad discussion and the rest PIMP, I WILL DELETE PIMP, If you want to pimp, send the ad poster a PM telling them how great the truck looks.

K--- If you sell a item, please DO NOT leave the ad up so people can copy pictures, If someone wanted pics, they would have already copied them.

L--- DO NOT place ads in open forum.
--From the FORUM RULES
• Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. Posting FORSALE classifieds requires upgrading to the premium account.

M--- Price bashing is NOT going to happen, you do not like the price, DO NOT buy the item
--The classified rules clearly state that the seller can ask whatever he wants for something. Whether you like the price or not, posts challenging a price constitute ad crapping, and is against the rules. You don't like the price, ignore the ad.

Well that is about it, did not mean to make the news this long, but as I got into it, more and more things came to mind ( I did strain a bit) that needed to be covered, there is NOTHING above that is COMPLICATED, I have tried to keep everything SIMPLE, I am sure some will find some faults, misspelled words, ect. maybe need to explain to someone what "DO NOT" means.

AGAIN, THANK YOU everybody for the understanding and helping the classifieds run smoothly,
Ron, classifieds Mod

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
bumping to the top so the exause" I did not see it" will not work

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread but many of these same problem are occuring in the classifieds again .
As seen in many current classified ads .
Bump To The Top

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks