• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rt-246a/vrc part inquiry

wsucougarx

I have a RT-524a/VRC and a RT-246a/VRC. I noticed there is a difference between one particular internal part b/w the two. Can someone please ID the cylindrical part toward the rear of the radio on the RT-246 by the power source? Looking at the pic it is oriented North/South

Pic on the left is the RT-524

Attachments

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HELLO ALL! The part you have up in pic is the geartrain drive motor for the autotune . It is what turns the geartrain when you push the channel presets on the front or on the remote control head C-2772 I think it is . Hope that answers?

Thanks!popacom :beer:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To answer ? 2

Yes this part is only used on the RT-246 as the RT-524 is manual tune only.

popacom(BILL KAGIN III)[thumbzup]

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To answer ? 2

Yes this part is only used on the RT-246 as the RT-524 is manual tune only.

popacom(BILL KAGIN III)[thumbzup]

papakb

RT246 Motors

There are actually 2 motors used in the 246 that aren't in the 524. One is the motor that does the frequency tuning and the other is a band change motor.
Kurt Lesser
KG6KMJ

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KURT ,still have ant's they are still yours if you want them have had alot of personal issues
and I am sorry for not contacting you sooner !PM me back and let me know where it stands.

Again I am sorry for my lack of diligence!
popacom........BILL KAGIN III in KY.:oops: