• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber cord source?

Whiterabbit

Can't believe I'm having a hard time finding that d**m rubber cord and the end clamps for the soft tops. I got a lil' soft top repair project on a euro truck and need the 5/16th or 3/8th cord. Did it come in different dia?? Who has it for a good price?? Local truck shop quoted me 5 bucks a foot! I had to go look in the mirror to see if "sucker" was written on my forehead!
Thanks all,
Mike

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sell shock cord in all kinds of sizes. I used 1/2" shock cord on my M101A2 to go from bow to bow under tension to keep the cargo cover from sagging between the bows. Worked great. I also used it for the cover tie downs.

Below was my first attempt but unfortunately the rope would sag from heat and humidity but the shock cord under tension worked great.

Mark

20140805_111358jpg.0 (1)1.jpg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know McMaster is a little expensive and they charge a good amount for shipping but there customer service and extensive details of there products is AWESOME! Peace of mind knowing exactly what you are getting is golden. I’ll pay the extra knowing exactly what I’m getting. Oh and they are next day shipping for me.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazon sells it. About a dollar/foot.

I've used these venders. I've had them on my cargo cover for over a year and no UV issues.

And the hooks.

I make up little cords to secure all sorts of things.

Actually I prefer the fabric covered rubber shock cord as it helps keep the UV light at bay. Have had it as tie downs on my trailer for like six years now with no issues. Just my .02 cents.

Mark

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I prefer the fabric covered rubber shock cord as it helps keep the UV light at bay. Have had it as tie downs on my trailer for like six years now with no issues. Just my .02 cents.

Mark
I was thinking that too. Can you recommend a source of the fabric-covered version Mark?
BDGR

Whiterabbit

Amazon sells it. About a dollar/foot.

I've used these venders. I've had them on my cargo cover for over a year and no UV issues.

And the hooks.

I make up little cords to secure all sorts of things.

That looks like the stock photo of the cord from the company I was looking at & they never replied back on the UV question. Welp, with Amazon I at least get free shipping. lol! Now I guess I need to figure out how much I need to redo all of the cord on a Pinzgauer.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the stock photo of the cord from the company I was looking at & they never replied back on the UV question. Welp, with Amazon I at least get free shipping. lol! Now I guess I need to figure out how much I need to redo all of the cord on a Pinzgauer.

The cord lacing on the pinz is a great look. Fine fine machine. My buddies Pinz is below with my M101A2.

Mark

imgcache0.933681.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks