• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber Track Pads.

StarPoint

StarPoint Extrusions is wanting to purchase some used half tracks. We are wanting to salvage the metal hardware. Rubber condition is not important. Completeness is important. Looking in the area of north east Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Willing to pick up. Willing to pay between $100 and $150 per track depending on condition.
Email: StarPointGreg@aol.com

jkftl

The first prototype modified Bradley pad is done. Fits nicely into our spare track shoe (off the LF fender of the M-41). I will be doing several pre-production pads shortly and taking photos. User will reuse present securing nut. I have over a thousand NOS Bradley pads to work with. No more driving on your cleats!

jkftl

Time has passed and there was ZERO interest in my M-41 replacement pads. I have scrapped all 2000 pieces and given up.
Everybody loses.
John Kessler

jkftl

Thanks for the note on M548 pads. They have been available for many years. To my knowledge they have no similarity to M-41 pads. 2-part urethane products have serious issues with adhesion to the old pad shoe as well as durometer and tensile strength. Several people have tried 'recapping' and lavished time and money on it. Lightweight tracked vehicles like the 548 and FV series, can possibly live with recaps. Unfortunately, when you have genuine armor, stresses are 10x greater, and caps and remolds just slough off. The military use homogeneous hot-molded neoprene. No substitutes. If there were something equal or better, they would buy it.

TacticalTruck

The last we heard from you, you had prototyped one and were going to do more and post pics.
Then not another word for years and less than 20 posts, yes, we ALL lose.

jkftl

I checked the forum every few months. Nothing. If somebody had been even curious a dialog would have started. All that ever appeared were some posts about thin-skin vehicles like the above. I have to assume there is no market for replacement M-41 pads. If you look back you may find the photos I put up quite a while ago. The prototype was encouraging. We saved enough Bradley pads to do our M-41, when the time comes. It is still a big job, but easier than getting new ones made, which has been estimated at $150+ per pad including engineering and tooling. I can talk interested persons through our detailed investigation.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Last summer Greg from StarPoint Extrusions molded new rubber on my Stuart tank tracks. I sent him the steel pins and links (with no rubber on them) and they came back as new rubber track pads. The rubber is holding up very nice. I have around 50 or so miles on pavement, concrete, gravel and dirt. they show almost no wear. Greg was great to deal with and his prices are very reasonable.
Here is a link to the project with photos: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?153736-New-Rubber-Stuart-Tank-Track-Pads
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks