• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run flat Removal

charlesmann

395/80 R20 Goodyear MT/V tire with a run flat. How have some of y'all gotten them out? iv seen youtube vids of strapping the tire to a tree, or some other solid object and yanking them out. I dont have anything that is immovable or anything that has the grunt to yank them out, except maybe a 12k winch, snatching it for 24k, and maybe strapping the tire to my tractor loader forks, butting the tractor to the rear of my gooseneck loading ramps, in the stowed position.

Thoughts/advise? i had thought about, if other tires had it in them, outfitting all 7, but 1 out of 7 isn't enough for my to mess with sourcing 6 more.

I do though need 1 beadlock ring, which looks like it bolts together, to make instal into the tire/wheel easier. Any ideas on whom might offer them?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No tree with a fork? Or 2 trees? You have the tractor with forks.

Or leave the one with the runflat as your spare so you have something that can really get you home if needed.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
And you also have a wrecker don't you? Strap tire to the pintle hitch or both shackles. Hook run flat and use the crowd on the boom to pull it out if you need more umph use the boom winch. The winch is stronger than the crowd, lift cylinders and turn table hydraulic pressure

charlesmann

And you also have a wrecker don't you? Strap tire to the pintle hitch or both shackles. Hook run flat and use the crowd on the boom to pull it out if you need more umph use the boom winch. The winch is stronger than the crowd, lift cylinders and turn table hydraulic pressure
well, the wrecker is on jacks with both left rear tires off, and the tires that were on it, broken down. I still have my hubs off waiting on the machine shop to finish some work on them.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
well, the wrecker is on jacks with both left rear tires off, and the tires that were on it, broken down. I still have my hubs off waiting on the machine shop to finish some work on them.
Wrecker isn't going to move doing that work it would be fine to use

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks