• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian UAZ 469 ??s

saddamsnightmare

April 11th, 2010.

Scrappy J:

Good luck on the UAZ, it should cause some comments when or if you get it stateside.....:drool: Dos Vidonia, comrade!:beer:
NB: Thanks, Victor, I can't read cyrillic so I was trying to remember it phonetically in English. Besides, most of the Russian I did learn was from the Russian Empire (pre 1917) and you probably wouldn't want to use it in polite company anyway.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:driver:

Last edited:

Katahdin

I remember reading an article about one of these coming into Maine from Canada years ago. A local mechanic was quoted saying "it has a **** of a heater, but not much else." :grin:

SCRAPPY J

Uaz

Thanks Victor for posting the pics , Ill get a few more to you soon. I found out that the engine is polish (4CTI Diesel ) rated a 85 Hp . The engine says EURO 2 , Andoria . If you type this into google it will take you to a spec sheet and history of the engine . I am definitely bringing this back with me . Not even thinking of swapping driveline anymore . This thing is a goat , love It .

Dos vidonia ?? Translation ?? Hopefully good !-Thanks SCRAPPY

Tascabe

Actually the heater is sort of crap - at least in mine.

And for a vehicle built in Russia it is surprisingly cold-blooded.

Even with all of its quirks and oddities - it is a very cool little truck.

Of all my goodies - that is the one that all the guys like the most.

I am even thinking I should get another one:) If one is good - two is better - right?

If you can swing it - definitely bring that baby home with you. You will have a good time - and unless something is broken - don't do anything to it until you get it out and play. The UAZ will surprise you in how much it can do in stock form:!:

dc3coyote

Any updates? I just found one today, and the DRMO guys actuallp helped me push it out of their way and gave it to me. I plan to use it for the next year and then try and import it.
I do need some parts to get it running however.
1. I need a Master clyinder for the clutch, and quite possible a slave cylinder as well.
If you have one or a suitable replacement I would be greatley appreciative. Tomorrow I will get pics of it. It is in rolled over condition. so there will be lots of body work in the future.
Thanks
Branan

UAZpartsforsale

UAZ and how to import

Your UAZ needs to be 21 years old or older. If so, it will be excluded.
check the link or call the Uncle Sam's EPA department.
Overview of Vehicle Import Requirements | Importing Vehicles and Engines | US EPA
I do not know DOT but 21 year old or older is qualified under "Old timer"
To ship it, use a Roll on Roll off ship vessel. You will not be allowed to bring anything in your vehicle if you do RO ROFF. However, if you go container, you can bring your bed on your UAZ. Be adviced containers cost more.
I do not know about an open container or flat container.
Parts are easy to obtain but heavy parts are costly to ship.
You need to do all major upgrades overseas, like sinchronized 4 speed gear box.
New paint, new top. ect.
A good steam ship line is Wallenius Wilhensem, try to deal with them if you want to pay less, if you deal with the middle man, then you will have to pay about 600.00 more

Sergio

USSR

469 there is civil and the military. The military 469 have a reinforced differentials and suspension components. It is better to buy military UAZ and make tuning: to establish a more powerful springs and polyurethane bushings ....and more.
In our country it is a very popular car for off-road events)))
Diesel are not produced for this car (to mid-90's), but you can put on UAZ any their own diesel engine and gearbox of appropriate size.
If you will need spare parts - let me know)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks