• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-250 Camper

birddog1148

Got three of the brackets out today in the few minutes I had to play with the shelter. The hammered impact driver I got at Harbor Freight came in handy finally to loosen the counter sunk screws. Last night after a couple soakings with WD40 I got the door latch to grudgingly move so I can lock the door, still have more work on that until I am happy, time to break out the PB Blaster or Kroil.

Attachments

Third From Texas

Getting there !

fiy, those heavy steel strips are there to reinforce for a lot of weight. Depending on what you plan to install in those locations, you can likely delete them. They aren't really structural beyond being there to support something heavy (like tool boxes, etc). Certainly won't hurt to leave them, but it won't hurt to remove them either (depending of course on what you plan to install there)..

birddog1148

Getting there !

fiy, those heavy steel strips are there to reinforce for a lot of weight. Depending on what you plan to install in those locations, you can likely delete them. They aren't really structural beyond being there to support something heavy (like tool boxes, etc). Certainly won't hurt to leave them, but it won't hurt to remove them either (depending of course on what you plan to install there)..
I was wondering about them thanks 👍

birddog1148

Alright most of the brackets are out. That box had me intrigued as I knew I had to repurpose it. And it came to me, a vision burnt across the sky. What is now the lid will be the side and it will fold down to become a counter of sorts. Gonna be a chuck box for my stove and cooking stuff. Have an idea on how to mount it quickly and easy on the side of the trailer.PXL_20220911_215818570.jpg

Attachments

birddog1148

Got most the rest of the stuff stripped out, couple small things left. The box I will turn into the chuck box for the outside kitchen, a couple cases I picked up at Harbor Freight to build a portable power station in. Roughly vacuumed. And got it moved back by the shop door. Now to stick the dog crates in and start figuring out the bed and the rest of it.

Attachments

birddog1148

Well I took the plunge and cut a window in. Going to need some 2 in binding posts and some sealant. And some screen and it should be perfect. Found a step for the back.

Attachments

coachgeo

Well I took the plunge and cut a window in. Going to need some 2 in binding posts and some sealant. And some screen and it should be perfect. Found a step for the back.
what is the vertical slot that has to be cut out to install window. Looks like a good place for water to start getting into walls..... mold build..... rot things.... Design Looks very concerning to me in that regard.. but I'm no expert.. more of overthinking general flunky

Third From Texas

what is the vertical slot that has to be cut out to install window. Looks like a good place for water to start getting into walls..... mold build..... rot things.... Design Looks very concerning to me in that regard.. but I'm no expert.. more of overthinking general flunky
I seal all the exposed foam areas like that with bedliner. I tested FlexSeal and while a similar product, the bedliner cures hard so is what I found to be better for the task. Just don't spray it on so thick that it the window/vent can't fit in the hole.

Last edited:

birddog1148

This is a boat porthole. The slot is the drain . Trim ring will pull it tight

Attachments

birddog1148

So earlier this summer northern Tool had a sale on a 110watt solar kit that had the panel, a charge controller, 300watt inverter and the cables. For $129.99, I had ordered one for my chicken/quail coops. Seen they have that deal again so I have two more kits on order for my shelter. Interested to see how others have mounted them on their shelters and what you have done to minimize the potential for leaks.

birddog1148

Finished installing the window, working on the electrical box, pulling unused wires. The old light fixtures coming out and the new ones. I want to keep the blackout switch at the door for some reason so that is a little challenging. Don't know how to pull this multi wire com? Plug without cutting the wires.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks