• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 Electrical Shelter Plug Connection

10Lugger

Curious if anyone has knowledge where I can source the external plug connection for my latest S-280. I am doing minimal remodeling inside to serve as a construction trailer. I can utilize one of two plugs, four prong 400WYE or ideally the larger 115V 60 cycles for my interior power leads.

Any help would be appreciated1657756823732.jpg1657756826794.jpg.

JR

10Lugger

Can you read the specs on the receptacle? If you can identify what model / mfg the receptacle is you should be able to identify the correct plug.
Thanks for the response. I've looked for markings, however I might need to uninstall it to see anything substantial. There is only random space
Can you read the specs on the receptacle? If you can identify what model / mfg the receptacle is you should be able to identify the correct plug.
It's an ARC-Trol three prong. I have searched for the item number RPE 033-240p with no luck. Looks like it might be easier to put in an RV plug, I just like the design and military speced attachments are far superior.

FloridaAKM

I found all the connectors that fit my S-280 from fellow collectors for the main power, but the a/c connectors were removed from the wiring system internally during demil. There is a company that stocks these milspec connectors, but they are not cheap by any means. Amphenol is the manufacturer & Digi-Key Electronics is the dealer.

There was a lot of research required, but I got it right & Digi-Key delivered the correct plug assembly which fit my a/c perfectly. You have to do your homework to match the connectors & if you do it right, you will have the correct connector.

My recollection was that the complete connector in several packages cost $65.00 shipped, but was worth it. What really bothered me was that I used to buy Gov Liquidation items & could bid on triwalls of used government wiring & connector systems cheap, but the catch was if you won them in the auction you HAD to cut them up & destroy them to get them off base. A $250 auction could win you $25 to $50k worth of wiring harnesses & Amphenol connectors, but you had to destroy them by crushing & cutting them up.

10Lugger

I found all the connectors that fit my S-280 from fellow collectors for the main power, but the a/c connectors were removed from the wiring system internally during demil. There is a company that stocks these milspec connectors, but they are not cheap by any means. Amphenol is the manufacturer & Digi-Key Electronics is the dealer.

There was a lot of research required, but I got it right & Digi-Key delivered the correct plug assembly which fit my a/c perfectly. You have to do your homework to match the connectors & if you do it right, you will have the correct connector.

My recollection was that the complete connector in several packages cost $65.00 shipped, but was worth it. What really bothered me was that I used to buy Gov Liquidation items & could bid on triwalls of used government wiring & connector systems cheap, but the catch was if you won them in the auction you HAD to cut them up & destroy them to get them off base. A $250 auction could win you $25 to $50k worth of wiring harnesses & Amphenol connectors, but you had to destroy them by crushing & cutting them up.
Thanks for the leads. I've spent several hours learning and looking.
It's a shame you have to destroy useful goods, I remember those auctions.

FloridaAKM

I bought a lot of stuff from Gov Liquidation, but I never bid on anything that had a demil code that required destruction before removing the equipment from the base. To me, that is insanity.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10lugger its raining out right now but I may have one of these in my shop from the 280 I used to own I will look in the morning and if I have one you are sure welcome to it!
Email me at KKfargo@gmail.com and I will let you know what I find.
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks