• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad, sad day. My Pinz is leaving me.

todds112

Made a really tough decision and sold my Pinz. The shipper will be here in a few hours to get her, and I'm just plain sick to my stomach.:-(

Never really had an "emotional" attachment to a vehicle before.

I've been obsessing over Dueces for a while and trying to learn all I can about them. Hopefully if I follow my plan, I will be in a position to get a new toy in the coming year, be it a Duece or something else.

Until then I will be MV-less and living vicariously through you guys.

Good-bye my Swiss girl. Have a good life in Arizona.:cry:

Carl_in_NH

Interesting; I've got two deuces, and am considering getting a Pinz and ditching a deuce. The Pinz is much more practical 90% of the time. Still got time to reconsider? :)

todds112

Interesting; I've got two deuces, and am considering getting a Pinz and ditching a deuce. The Pinz is much more practical 90% of the time. Still got time to reconsider? :)
Nope, it's a done deal, sadly. Pinz's are great. Just pricey little boogers when you consider you can get a nice Duece for 1/3 the price.

It's hard to beat their abilities, especially in 6x6. Great size too. Will fit on any trail a Jeep will go.

I feel like the little kid at the end of "Shane". "Shane, come back! Shane!":cry:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TODDS112: Check with NEWFDAD. He is in MT. I realize that is a long distance from you, but, for some reason, several hundred miles doesn't seem far out west! Anyway, NEWFDAD (Keith) is big into the Pinzgauer and offroading and you might find a new friend. Sorry to hear about the truck leaving.

todds112

TODDS112: Check with NEWFDAD. He is in MT. I realize that is a long distance from you, but, for some reason, several hundred miles doesn't seem far out west! Anyway, NEWFDAD (Keith) is big into the Pinzgauer and offroading and you might find a new friend. Sorry to hear about the truck leaving.
Yeah, it's pretty amazing after moving out west how my definition of, "not that far" has changed.:roll: Especially up here in this corner of WY. Of course there are some nice things about it, like being 10 minutes from Grand Teton National Park and 45 from Yellowstone.

In the end it's just a truck and I can always get another one when the time is right.

GoHot229

I get it.... I Did something once like that, but with much different outfits, and somehow you can not believe you did it, and ask yourself what have I done? and look for soothing answers... there are none....you did a bum move. But the good news is, its experiance, you may find that the Deuces your eyeing are too big and bulky and get another Pinz. Like I said, I did a similar bum move and to this day..... A 94 Twin Turbo Supra for a 94 Vette, talk about bone-head. But like I say its all learning. Good luck on finding an MV you can enjoy...

Pinz25086

I own both a Pinz and a Deuce. Both are great vehicles but have very different uses. I really like my deuce but I love the Pinz. Both of my boys have asked me to let them have my 710, and my response is always the same... It is in the will boy's! Sorry to hear that you will be loosing yours. Hope that your withdrawal period goes quickly.

saddamsnightmare

November 21st, 2009.

Todds112:

Sorry to hear your Pinzgauer's going to a new home...... At least it's not going to Wisconsin. :roll: The Pinz's I have seen around here (all 1 of them) are odd vehicles and I personaly felt they were more complex then they needed to be (compared to the Unimog S404.114's) and that I would not want to have to work on either the engine or the transmission. Having a Unimog S404.114 and a M35A2 makes one realize how a vehicle can grow on you, but they tend to be more temperamental then the deuce and a half, I guess that's why there are more dueces in the world then Pinz's...
No, the deuce won't go where a Jeep or a Pinz will go, unless you reinforce the front end more, but yes, they WILL knock stuff down that a Jeep or a Pinz can't begin to push over. The deuce with air steering and a cab heater can be a usefull vehicle, but the mileage is nothing to write home about, and the top end of 54 MPH means most trips are long. However, you can carry 10,000 lbs on the road and 5,000 off, so there's room for a Pinz in the back when you hit the lotto. Personally, when I hit the Lotta (Ha!), I'm gonna go out and get me a DUKW, the best of all worlds, 1/2 boat, 1/2 deuce, perfect for touring your local lake or river.....:-D
The pain gets less over time, and you can always hunt one of us up if you need an OD iron fix (or in my case, OD and 686ATan). Keep looking, things will turn around,

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

krick3tt

Yeah, I felt like that when I sold the 404. Worked on it for years to get her exactly like I wanted.... but then got a pinz. Still feel the 404 bug but there is another OD MV out there for you. Take heart.

Morris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks