• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sagging cargo cover solution.

coyotegray

Sagging cargo cover solution.

Anyone with a 105 or 101 or similar military trailer with a cargo cover is familiar with the problem of the covers sagging and holding rain water.

Here is my solution.

Cheap air mattresses from Wal-Mart. The Queen works great for a 105 and a single for a 101. They are between $8-$15
I put just enough pressure in to support the cover and flatten the mattress..

Sitting still I think it will last but the mattress and bow may chafe while being pulled. I will be looking for something to go between them..

In the photos the tan 101 does not have one installed.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I find it hilarious that your neighbors can only see a camouflaged top over the fence.

I keep my mule in the 105 but keeping the tiller in there is a good idea too.

Nick

Seriously though, isnt that what the board that goes from the front bow to the back bow, right down the middle, on some trailers is for? Although it makes takin the bows off harder.
I thought of doin it with the board, but since my bows are gonna be off and on quite a bit, it would kinda be a pain.

Nick

ida34

I use a piece of 1/4 plywood, works good.
We used 1/2 inch on our gun trucks (artillery) so we could walk up there to set up the camo net. The camo net also sat on top when not in use. We used 2/4 gussets on the bows and uprights for further stability. I now just use 1/4 inch and it takes a lot of stress off the cover. I even color matched some carc in latex and painted it up.

Main point, this is how we did it in the military.

Last edited: