• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sale 5165 EUC question

papakb

I was awarded one of the trailers at Sierra Army Depot and when I sent in my EUC (why in the world a 3/4T trailer needs an EUC is beyond me) I got an email back from GL asking me to resubmit the EUC because in section 2 I checked box A, "retention for the following use", and put cargo trailer. They wanted me to change it to box C, "property will not be sold outside the US".

If box A is for "retention for the following use", then why isn't that sufficient? It says that I'm not reselling it and that I'm keeping it to use.

I went ahead and changed the EUC to avoid complications but didn't receive an answer when I posed this same question to them.

WyoDeuce

When I did my first EUC I found the thread here that outlined exactly what to check/write. Very helpful. The EUC is a big pain. My buddy just got one sent back for revisions. They said Laramie WY was not acceptable. They wanted WYOMING spelled out and not abreviated. I submited an EUC for a trailer in the same event with WY and it went through no problem. Just do what they say and don't question their logic. :twisted:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you fill the EUC out online the GL site walks you through it and tells you exactly what to put down.

papakb

M16ty,

I did the EUC on the GL site and printed it off to sign and return it. Their help balloons are only helpful to a point. I guess what gripes me is that when I asked GL for clarification all I got back was a "you have to check box C" message. I wanted to know what I did wrong so I wouldn't do it again.

Kurt

papakb

Well Gentlemen,

Obviously the patron saint of all us surplus junkies, Saint Scrapus, has been looking after me. Today I received my "Paid in Full" invoice from GL for my trailer! This sale closed on April 2nd and here it is only the 13th! AMAZING!! My last EUC took over 2.5 months.

:beer:

Kurt Lesser

whiskey yankee

When I did my first EUC I found the thread here that outlined exactly what to check/write. Very helpful. The EUC is a big pain. My buddy just got one sent back for revisions. They said Laramie WY was not acceptable. They wanted WYOMING spelled out and not abreviated. I submited an EUC for a trailer in the same event with WY and it went through no problem. Just do what they say and don't question their logic. :twisted:
Government Liquidations isn't flawless. Their system is getting better but I've definitely run into some snags and I don't think it's over yet. For what GL is - an automated way of buying things from the government - it is actually pretty amazing.

Not only did they puke on WY/Wyoming, but I needed to fax them authorization to make the associated change to the mailing address associated with my account. As if I had entered the wrong thing on their Web site? Using a drop-down menu?

I just try to breathe deeply and think how annoying that system must be to sit in front of for the employees if it's this annoying to use from this side. Every time I talk to one on the phone they are very patient and nice. And one of these days my EUC will be correct and I can leave those overworked people alone.

WY

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks