• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salute from Mt Vernon, WA

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
new member just jumping aboard with M54A2 purchased yesterday from GSA

A1QSCI13097724.JPGA1QSCI13097724A.JPGA1QSCI13097724B.JPG

very ironically, I am out of town working at the moment and not due back to the NW till next week so bought truck sight unseen but GSA stated running condition with 4127mi. Without seeing truck in person I have no idea if powertrain in original but expecting it to be. No specific plans at the moment but expect to restore the truck to original with a troop bed ultimately but there are options here!

My question at the moment is all about the plow yoke setup in front and if that is the original PTO winch behind it? Thoughts, opinions, comments?

In any event, glad to be aboard and looking forward to meeting and yackin with y'all in coming months about these rigs.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on your new truck, looks good in "fire engine red". The winch "looks " like it is the orignal, bumper frame extensive look to be protruding. Plow might be handy. Let us know what you find under the hood.
JC

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a bloody shame it doesn't come with the plow it used to have or the tank/bed. I expect this was a wildland truck but have to wonder how it was configured? Was the pump PTO driven or a separate engine? How big was the tank(s)? Was it converted by a specialty company or by the Department that had it?

In any event, I expect I will get many of those answers when I go to get the truck next week.

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not mine but looks like a M37 Dodge Weapons Carrier to me. That photo is from the agency that disposed of the M54.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks