• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

salvage yards in T.N.

byrdman1312

Used to be a guy who sold parts over around Monteagle, maybe in Grundy county. Over that way some where. I used to see him at the MV show in South Pittsburg, before they quit having it.

byrdman1312

I sorry, I don't. However, I do remember he was in Tracy City, TN. The name of the business might be Ottocraft, not sure about that. What are you looking for?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a few blocks away was Sam Werner. He also passed away a few years ago. I don't know what happened to his stuff-but he had a lot. I am guessing mostly scrapped. If you are close, drive through Tracy City, it was on the right coming down the hill into town. Otto's stuff was all sold 3-4 years ago.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a large lot in Sept 2012 with clearly marked do not trespass signs and fencing. Many van bodies and assorted stuff. Huge pile of m151 bodies and frames all just sitting and rusting. An artillery piece, older mv's and some deuces. It looked like it might be Werner's place? No contact info and I could find no one around on a weekend. This was in Monteagle.

ares1986

hey Kabar1 ive made a few trips to a guys lumberyard in rockisland tn, out passed sparta on hwy 70 i believe , right before you get to rockisland state park. last time i was out thier he ad 10-15 5 tons a few dueces and around 5 or 6 cucvs blazers and trucks a few dodges also, he does it as a hobby and ususally you can only catch him on weekdays, actually if you want to head that way one day i need to go check on a hard top for my 813.:tank:

H&t off road tullahoma tn they have about 25 cucv parts they allways got good stuff and a good bunch of good guys I have a cucv m1028 with the two leave nevell 28 volts alt the had the parts I needed good luck the guy in Tracy they both gone the 2nd one has moved a lot off stuff is gone they had some landing crafts there not there any more looking for a good cheap wintch

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I was thinking of Sam Werner, but I thought he was in Tracy City. Someone told me about Otto. I keep my eyes open for CUCV stuff.
Sam Werner and Otto were 1/4-1/2 mile apart. Sam Werner had tons of older stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks