• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SARACEN FV603 at upcoming auction in WA

Malyutkaman

Saracen auction

Just saw the pix of the vehicle and if I'm not mistaken it looks like the one formerly used by the Snohomish County Sheriff Dept. It's a good vehicle but has been sitting for some time now. When they first got it they thought it would repell everything up to a .50 cal. until one of the deputies shot the back door (at close range) with a 7.62mm AP round (went through it like a warm knife through butter). After that no one was much interested riding in it. Go figure:p

AceHigh

When they first got it they thought it would repell everything up to a .50 cal. until one of the deputies shot the back door (at close range) with a 7.62mm AP round (went through it like a warm knife through butter).
Bullet HOLE!!! That is even better. :-D

mog1218

I went to the auction preview this morning. The unit is marked "out of auction". I did take some photos including what looks to be small hole repair in the rear door. Malyutkaman, you know your vehicles well and it looks like the story you heard was accurate. See photos.

Attachments

Malyutkaman

I thought it looked familiar. Up to about a year ago I ran a helicopter repair station and had the contracts to maintain several helicopters operated by a couple of sheriff departments (Snohomish being one of them) and got the bullet hole story from one of their deputies. I also know the guy that owned the vehicle originally. He traded the saracen for their M114! Unfortunately for the sheriffs dept. I think they got the worse part of the deal. British armor is fun to own and reliable when maintained on a regular basis (real regular!), but when you need parts and are lacking the experience to maintain them it can lead to some BIG problems down the road. I found this out the hard way (put DOT-3 brake fluid in FOX brake system:oops:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks