• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scammers

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Who isn't doing anything ?

Patracy is addressing the problem . And from how this site was run before he volunteered to take over as Admin
He is doing really good job of addressing problem's as they come up . You haven't been here long enough to know how
screwed up this site was prior to him taking over as Admin. It's not like banners and notices haven't been tried . And I'll
be the first to admit myself and patracy and I haven't always agreed on things , he and his methods of managing the site are
why it is where it is at today .

Umm yeah, All I suggested was a simple heading to be aware of unscrupulous posters, scammers nothing more. That's it, nothing more was said about patracy not doing his volunteer work, nothing. Seems that some are wound a little bit to tight about a simple suggestion. A simple response of another direction is being done or a warning does not work and other metrics are being tried would be enough.

I was being sarcastic, and a nerve seems to have been pinched. If I stepped on patracy's toe then I am positive that patracy would contact me?, but maybe not, as you lay in wait. If you feel better berating me about my post, then maybe doing nothing about warning new members that may or may not be computer savvy and a simple warning easy to see not being buryed in historic pages was worth being scolded. That's what Men do, some stomp their feet and try to bully their way, some do nothing, and somewhere inbetween some try to find a solution and create a better mousetrap, and as patracy has been inclined to try new alternatives in the coding world to which I am greatful someone takes on the chore to make the situation better.

You may be correct about my short membership here at SS. However does that somehow make you more special than another member? I could of been here allot longer than you know. And does that make me a lesser member? I will not think that is the case, and do believe that you are a very concerned member also. As this is not the first time at you being brash, nor I.

Have a colorful day.:carnac:

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
What would be posted to this thread? What kind of information?

I didn't suggest anything posted to this thread Guyfang, however I did suggest that a simple post heading at he top of subforum may be used as a warning just to be something the eye could catch and some new member, visitor would be reminded.

Not saying the older generations are not computer wizards but Merlin I am not and try everyday to improve my own understanding of the computer culture. There are other pinned headings why not a scammers warning.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Umm yeah, All I suggested was a simple heading to be aware of unscrupulous posters, scammers nothing more. That's it, nothing more was said about patracy not doing his volunteer work, nothing. Seems that some are wound a little bit to tight about a simple suggestion. A simple response of another direction is being done or a warning does not work and other metrics are being tried would be enough.

I was being sarcastic, and a nerve seems to have been pinched. If I stepped on patracy's toe then I am positive that patracy would contact me?, but maybe not, as you lay in wait. If you feel better berating me about my post, then maybe doing nothing about warning new members that may or may not be computer savvy and a simple warning easy to see not being buryed in historic pages was worth being scolded. That's what Men do, some stomp their feet and try to bully their way, some do nothing, and somewhere inbetween some try to find a solution and create a better mousetrap, and as patracy has been inclined to try new alternatives in the coding world to which I am greatful someone takes on the chore to make the situation better.

You may be correct about my short membership here at SS. However does that somehow make you more special than another member? I could of been here allot longer than you know. And does that make me a lesser member? I will not think that is the case, and do believe that you are a very concerned member also. As this is not the first time at you being brash, nor I.

Have a colorful day.:carnac:
I guess you not only missed the pinned post in the classifieds ( works real well don't it ) , it appears you missed this post as well .
1652517858227.png

Guyfang

Staff member
I didn't suggest anything posted to this thread Guyfang, however I did suggest that a simple post heading at he top of subforum may be used as a warning just to be something the eye could catch and some new member, visitor would be reminded.

Not saying the older generations are not computer wizards but Merlin I am not and try everyday to improve my own understanding of the computer culture. There are other pinned headings why not a scammers warning.
You misunderstood me. I was asking, in the hopes that you can come up with something that might help. It was a constructive question. If you have good ideas on how and what, put them forth. If something like that were to be done, maybe it needs more then a post heading. I am a digital dinosaur. That kind of thing is way over my head.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's focus on the intent of this thread, reporting scammers. The truth is, I can make banners, pop ups, heck I could make the screen flash. People are here for MV content, they will close the notifications to get to what they're after without reading them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let's focus on the intent of this thread, reporting scammers. The truth is, I can make banners, pop ups, heck I could make the screen flash. People are here for MV content, they will close the notifications to get to what they're after without reading them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yessir. I believe you are right @patracy .

I have tried.

Really tried hard, but so far I have not managed - with my coding skills - to engage the ball peen hammer device and make it reach out and rap someone between the eyes to get their attention. Maybe the device driver isn't coded correctly or the asic has a flaw in its chinese heritage...

:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks