• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scania R620 - Military Design

CharlesKing

I have been working on a military design Scania R620 for some time, as my interest has always been 1/35 scale military vehicles. I decided I wanted to try and build one in 1/24 scale.

I must say that this particular Italeri kit is very good. The chassi of this particular model is beautiful. It looks almost like it came out of a Batman film. You'll see what I mean when you look at my pics. The constructions went well but the fittings could have been better. Regardless, the build went smoothly. Some irretations here and there but nothing too major.

Hope you enjoy the pics so far. I am 99% done.

Attachments

CharlesKing

I have managed to combine tractor and trailer together so you can see how the final product will look like. I still need to add a few more details and do some more weathering, but besides that, it's almost done.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

The Scania Topline up there has the sleeping place for the driver, a 1.1m wide bed, 2.1 m long, reachable by a folding ladder. One of the favourite trucks in Europe due to lenght restrictions. And Scania Topline R620 means this truck has a V8 16 l 620 hp engine.
Nice work (I do hobby modelling since I'm 7 years old)!
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks