• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School me on the Mep-025

98taco3

Picking up a MEP-025 tomorrow that I traded an old trailer for. I know its 28 volts but what do people do with these machines? What was its original function, Lighting? This one has very low hours on it and was rebuilt in 82 and for the 100 bucks I have in the trailer its not a bad deal. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Keith_J

Battery charging. Also will power most 28 VDC tools/radios. Not exactly for jump starting but if the batteries are discharged from leaving the lights on, this generator will get the batteries up to full in under an hour.

What they are good for now is off-grid systems with 24 volt banks for storage.

12Bravo

All of the 28VDC 3Kw and 4.2Kw generators that I dealt with while in the Army were used to power communication equipment without having to run the vehicle engine such as HMMWV's with radio shelters and M577's. We used the 3Kw gen sets with the radio shelters and the 4.2Kw gen sets with the M577's.

Keith_J

Our commo guys didn't have any 28 VDC gensets but the motor pool sure liked them. I left out one more use, powering the Modern Burner Units.

coyote62ny

if this set has the 2ao16 engine as mine does make shure you coat the float in the carb as ethonol gas will make them swell and rub on the float bowl i have a post on this site about coating the floats it tells what to use and how to do it

98taco3

it does have the 2a on it. Runs like a champ and starts first pull. Picked it up today and it is now added to the collection. Gonna have to find a shelter for the M37 and start a radio collection! **** this OD disease gets to you 8) Also found an engine for my MEP-017, guy has one that runs but the generator head is destroyed. My unit has no engine but almost new generator setup. Was a good day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks