• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scrapping HMMWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzy

Does anyone know why our government has chosen to scrap the remaining HMMWVs? There are several at GL here but will be sold as scrap and demilled on site with supervision. There are to be no parts salvage or transferred, destroy and shred is what is required. That's messed up. I could see them selling quickly in the $20K range returning a lot of funds back to the broke government.

gungearz

Its to my understanding, that civilians can only buy humvees if they're cut up and destroyed... I guess humvees do not meet the requirements to be road worthy for civilian use... Do to crash ratings and such... I'm only speaking from the little information I've gathered from other members...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Covered this many times.

The HMMWV is on the de-mil list along with the M151 and Gama Goats.

Why? Who knows for sure.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks