• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sd. Kfz 247 ausf B dimensions or blueprints

Guyfang

Staff member
Write CARNAC. If my son hasnt made off with ALL my ref material, I might be able to find it.

Sdkfz 247 Ausf B. 4-Wheeled APC Photos (Replica Vehicle Owned by Roger Marvel - LaPorte, Indiana USA) This guy has a replica. Ask him.​

L1A1

I doubt I have anything in that detail. It was a fairly rare vehicle. Why that one?
I've seen a couple of those (replicas) running around. It's one of the easier vehicles to replicate as it has a conventional drive train layout (motor & tranny up front-not rear mounted like in most armored cars) and is/was made from flat plates, no concave curves to replicate.

Matt

L1A1

I knew a guy in Ohio who back in the 1980's built a full size sdkfz222 armored car. He got his dimensions for the build from a 1/35th scale model. That may be an avenue for you. Always like the 247A six wheeler myself :cool:. Good luck with your project!

Regards,
Matt

Guyfang

Staff member
I just sent a email to one of the largest musiems here in germany that is orientated towards such things. The Technik Museum Sinsheim. Lets see what happens.

Guyfang

Staff member
Got my first answer back from Sinsheim. No joy. BUT! They did give me a list of 11 places to try. So the ones with an email, will all get a mail soon. The ones in Germany, with just a phone number, will get a call. The places out side Germany, will get a letter. Lets just see what we can dig up!! The one place in Frog land, (France) will get a letter translated by my good frog friend Gilbert. This is better then a treasure hunt!

M35a2duece

Got my first answer back from Sinsheim. No joy. BUT! They did give me a list of 11 places to try. So the ones with an email, will all get a mail soon. The ones in Germany, with just a phone number, will get a call. The places out side Germany, will get a letter. Lets just see what we can dig up!! The one place in Frog land, (France) will get a letter translated by my good frog friend Gilbert. This is better then a treasure hunt!
You are amazing! Thank you so much!

L1A1

To the OP. I wonder if you'd have better luck posting your question over on the HMVF? If not, at least you might make contact with the owners of the few 247 replicas that are running around the show circuit in Europe/UK. Just a thought.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks