• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEABEE Truck Paint Color

cbvet

I know there is another thread on this, but something about a "security token" won't let me search for it.
Several months ago I sent large Aervoe paint samples to the SEABEE Museum at Port Hueneme California, to try & determine correct color for VietNam era trucks.

Museum director says best match is #979, FSN 34079.

Eric
CBVET

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is interesting! I need to order a can of that and try it. Isn't 34079 the 383 green? I have a post somewhere with an extensive email from a guy on the mailing list that answered a bunch of my questions. Need to dog that up. I'll end up using 34052 USMC Forest Green on mine. As I'm told they were painted semi gloss (paint number would have started with 2 ie 24052) but were so oxidized they all looked flat. I'll try to find that post and link it up.

Here it is! http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=22408

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
383 Green is 34094.
34079 is commonly called Forest Green, but that is not an official name. It is a common colour used for equipment, such as gun mounts, etc. It is also the darker of the greens used on USAF aircraft in the green/green/tan Vietnam era scheme.

34079 is a little darker and bluer than 34094. It is a rather pleasing shade of green.

Cheers

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know there is another thread on this, but something about a "security token" won't let me search for it.
Several months ago I sent large Aervoe paint samples to the SEABEE Museum at Port Hueneme California, to try & determine correct color for VietNam era trucks.

Museum director says best match is #979, FSN 34079.

Eric
CBVET
Very nice. Thanks Eric! That will come in handy when we finally get around to painting my Dad's 756A2!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks