• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search function inside your posts and subscriptions

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each forum or sub-forum has the option "search this forum" down to "search this thread". Would it be possible to make the search function also active inside your user CP in the subscription threads? I am trying to find some of my own posts there and end up running through several pages of threads and then several pages per thread trying to find this one remark back.

Not really essential; just something to make searching what I or somebody else posted in the subscribed threads easier.

Maybe a stupid question, but when searching it gives options keyword or user. Is it possible to search using both options at the same time or does it works like that already?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to search using both options at the same time or does it works like that already?
Yes

Another option to find something posted by a known member is, click on their name, then select find more posts by that member, or view their profile and select view all threads started by the member.

3dAngus

Just click on "advanced" under search.

From there, you can put in username, and keywords simultaneously. Only those posts with BOTH will come up. You also have many other options to screen further.

You need to learn how to use advanced search, rather than simply the simple search function.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes

Another option to find something posted by a known member is, click on their name, then select find more posts by that member, or view their profile and select view all threads started by the member.
If I would do that with your name and threads started, I end up with 4 pages (threads started) or 40 pages (postings) :shock: :); still a lot to search through.

3dangus, I often use advanced search, just did not know it did this trick automatically and never checked it because most forums work either keyword OR user, not automatically both (as far as I know from long time ago). As I said, stupid question. I checked it and I found the posts I was looking for.

:not worthy:

Thanks gentlemen.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To cut down the amount of "found" post to search thru, at the bottom left of the advanced search page is the "Show Results as" option.

Click on the Show as Posts button.

It will give you your posts.

I use this all the time to find something I have posted.

charlietango

somewhat related SO I will give this a go here;
how about a search function for just the classifieds? I tried today to search for: *state initial* and the part and the result was a thousand posts from the forum.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
somewhat related SO I will give this a go here;
how about a search function for just the classifieds? I tried today to search for: *state initial* and the part and the result was a thousand posts from the forum.
You can search just the classifieds in the advanced search. It gives you the option to just search a specific forum. At least you could on the old site, I haven't checked the new site but I think the search works the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks