• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Searching for blower electrical schematic or trouble shooting guide

15W40

The blower motor in my M1097R1 does not turn on. It will run if you apply power directly to it.

I've been searching through the technical manuals for blower trouble shooting guide but I can't come up with anything. The only wiring diagram I could find (TM 9-2320-280-20-1 page 2-689) looks like its for some supplemental heater, not the normal one in the dash.

Does anyone here have more information on this circuit? It seems pretty basic, but I want to be sure I'm testing it correctly and not chasing my tail.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know if there is a troubleshooting guide or not, it is the simplest thing on a HMMWV.
Pull the inst. panel, the fan switch gets its power from one of the circuit breakers behind the inst. panel, should be real obvious, then there is a low speed resistor connected to the switch for low speed again real obvious.
Power goes through the switch ether directly to the fan motor for high or though the resistor for low.
A 24V test light is all you need.

15W40

I do not know if there is a troubleshooting guide or not, it is the simplest thing on a HMMWV.
Pull the inst. panel, the fan switch gets its power from one of the circuit breakers behind the inst. panel, should be real obvious, then there is a low speed resistor connected to the switch for low speed again real obvious.
Power goes through the switch ether directly to the fan motor for high or though the resistor for low.
A 24V test light is all you need.
Thank you for the help with this. I went at it with the test light this morning and everything was as you described. No power in or out of the the switch so I checked the circuit breaker and it has power in but not out. A new circuit breaker is on the way! Hopefully that's the end of it and the new breaker doesn't blow right away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks