• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Searching for the elusive history

toddbe

Searching to learn some history on my M43 - sanding the hood, bumpers, etc - I have found a few numbers. What I have found:

Left side rear - Top row 28 - Bottom row 3-109? Not sure what the last number might be.

Right side rear - really nothing.

Photo (of course) attached. Any ideas where this M43 might have belonged too?

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
28th Infantry Division
3rd Battalion 109th Infantry Regiment

This is the primary division for the PA Army National Guard. Google the info for the battalion and regiment.

On the other side, you will probably find only a letter and somewhere between 1 and 3 numbers. The letter is the company. The numbers were the administrative number the unit issued it. Actually being an ambulance, it would have most likely belonged to the headquarters company. In that case it would probably have HHC and then 2 numbers following that. Instead of HHC they also could have used HQ and 2 numbers.

Last edited:

toddbe

Thanks CARNAC. You are wonderful. I had been Google the info I had and now can search some more. I want to use the same unit where the truck belonged to when I restore it. Todd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks