• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat back modification

Warren Lovell

Hey guys,

I hated the slip on stock cover, so I bought some premium grade plywood and cut the back to fit.
I allowed room for the upholstery material to fit in the seat frame.
I marked and drilled 1/4" holes in four loactions 4" in from the sides.
I positioned the wood panel in the frame and automatic center ounched the seat frame metal panel for drilling.
I put the 1/4-28 bolts through the wood seat back and traced the bolt head with a fine tipped pen.
I took a dremel with the routing attachment and carefully routed out the shape of the bolt head to the depth of the bolt head.
I put 5 minutes epoxy in the area where the bolt head sits recessed.
Now I just have to have the seat back upholstered in the foam and material of my choice and its ready for install.

I improved the seat bottom as well by using thicker metel for the hinge and running it straight acroos the rear of the bottom seat panel. I didn't bend the metal, but cut and welded it to correct length. I will have photos of that when I'm done.

Warren