• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seattle 5 Ton parts yards

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of you west side folk have any leads on parts yards that may have 5 Ton front spring kits? I have a 5 ton that ready for them now. And I am heading to seattle tomorrow for a DR.s appt.

Or for those in the know, are there other trucks (Civi or comercial) that I might look to for similiar type springs?

I figure that there are a lot of garbage, cement, school buses or semi's out there that will have the right springs, it finding the plate that goes on the axle and the correct size to mate to the frame.

Also I expect that there may be more articulation with the military when it comes to off road.

I have a set of donor deuce springs, but I have heard rumors of axle wrap during take off.

Also what are the 200A2 trailer springs rated for? I have one of those, but the axle plate is the problem again.

Thanx for any info.

Off to take pics because we all know
nopics

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, If I can find 'me' some springs.:wink:

Was originally hoping to get it ready in time for the Veteran's Day Parade in West Richland on Nov, 7.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No bed, and the tank will be used for the fuel needed to drive to the rally.

Honestly there was no bed, they mounted the tank to the frame and then fabs some diamond plate catwalk and hand rails. I will probably put the tank up on legs in the corner of the property to store irrigation water for drip lines to my sapling tree starts.

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries, that is the game, right? :roll:
But I wasn't high bidder.
They set a reserve on that one, that none of the bids made ever made it to.
So apparently the day after the auction, someone wasn't as proud of the truck as they first were and they started calling down the list of bidders (highest to lowest) asking if anyone who bid wanted to buy for their high bid.

I guess I lucked out and was the first to say 'hell ya I'll buy it'.

Decent truck, a few aftermarket civi mods, fuel/water separator dummy light, civi air filter meter, dual screw on oil filters, old style hdraulic to electric trailer brake controller, wired with marker lights and 7 pin & 4 pin trailer plugs, decent siped hwy tires. Plus all the stuff related to the tank (valves & piping) Then after I got there to pick up they excess property fellow tells me to follow him inside and shows me to 8 binders with TMs and mil parts vendor catalogs. And if that weren't enough he has a brand new (in plastic with 3 bows) OD canvas passenger compartment top.

So with the Firing range and the lumber mills, are there any good big truck bone yards in Yakima or that area? I thought there would be more in Pasco, but I have only ran across 2 metal recycler's there.

Anybody know about Spokane?

Kingfish

Dilapidated DUKW?

I guess the important question is exactly what does "1945 Dilapidated DUKW" mean?

I'm looking for a donor vehicle for a DUKW restoration. I'm especially interested in the state of the foredeck, state of the plate, are the tool brackets in place, etc.

srodocker

kingfish welcome aboard! not sure if you have seen are mini rally thread or a pnw rally rally but you should come out to our mini rally thread its posted in my signature.

as far as a part DUKW. not sure where you can find one as of right now but i'll keep my eyes open

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott,
I must say you are the most perserverant rally publisizer that I know.:mrgreen:

Keep up the great work.:grd:

And where are your loyalties, should I be told of DUKW parts rigs 1st?????

s1036s

I just talked to this guy, he is in puyallup. His ad stated...
2 1/2 ton/5 ton doors,windshields,hoods,fenders,Transfer cases,trans,multifuel motors,no front axles at this time,tires 900 thru 1600 x 20,20 inch wheels if I don't have it I can find or get it with in a few days.

Last edited:

s1036s

good guy to deal with? I just saw him on there, sounds like he had to talk to someone else for final prices. He just moved the inventory to puyallup and is able to do hemmt wheels with deuce centers when he gets all setup. just wondering if i should pursue him for wheels and tires?? If you already know him, let me know how he is....?