• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

second hand radiator

pitbull

Hi,
I just bought a used radiator that has been recently re-cored.The guy i got it from said it was removed from a truck that had a blown motor or transmission he wasn't sure which. Would it be safe to just flush the trans.cooler or run an external one? What about the oil cooler? Thanks, Dustin

devilman96

Just flush the lines with some mineral sprits, carb cleaner, etc and give it a good blow out the an air hose to make sure there is no debris in the line. For the coolant side (shouldnt need cleaing if it is a recore but), if needed you can lay the radiator on its back (inlet/outlet facing up) and pour in a cup or two of CLR (calcium, lime, rust remover) and top it with water, repeat if needed but don't let it sit for more than 10 mins at a time the stuff is acid.

Its always better to run an additional trans cooler if you can fit it into the vehicle... Heat is the number one killer of automatic transmissions... Place it on the out flow side of the radiators cooler, the larger in size the better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks