• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secondary fuel filter housing o ring/gasket install

Broke Down

Before everyone rips me about the search function, I did a lot of searching. However I do feel pretty ignorant asking this question.

Has anyone successfully used the Wix style fuel filter (33512) gasket that comes with the filter? The reason I ask is I tried to get the NAPA gasket but it is identical to the WIX. Every post I find on here says use the NAPA brand. I can't get the Wix gasket on to save my life.

I talked with the NAPA guys at the store, they pointed it out to me. Wix builds the NAPA filters. Did something change or am I on the wrong track? They are the same....... I'm so aggravated.

Thanks in advance, I know someone is about to chime in and make me look a fool.....haha. It will not offend me at all.

Broke Down

Dang it! I missed that number, I didn't look into that one. I will check in on it tomorrow when they open. There was another gasket I think was a 2250 or something I found in one of my searches. That is what I get for losing my cool. I appreciate that!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey, those filters seals/cans really made me feel bad, I removed the entire deal to find what I was doing wrong. I found one was "double gasketed" and the other seal was broken but I could not get them out of there working upside down and backwards. The square ring seals are a pain. I fixed all that and ended up with a 7 ton lawn ornament as that is how I found the in-tank pump was dead. One thing to the next thing and on and on.
secondary behind filters seup IMG_0130.jpgsecondary behind filters seup too IMG_0144.jpgsecondary filter 2 IMG_0132.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have some military filter kits with all the correct gaskets too. PM me if you decide you want any.

Secondary filter only though

Broke Down

Frank, luckily the in tank pump works....for now....haha.

Gimpy, thanks! I will let you know shortly.

My dad text me at 05:30 to let me know my pick up truck tail lights were stuck on. I might get side tracked today.

Jericho

DO THE SPIN ON FILTER MOD! a little up front money, then no more gasket issues. Love mine, the seals supplied with the kit are the best fit ive seen , available from a fellow SS vendor , It was a quick and easy mod. I did all the fuel and oil filters , Happy camper !

Broke Down

I will get there soon, for now I need it to run so I can get the low boy in the yard when it is time to load the D6. I really like that set up.

Broke Down

Just left 3 parts houses, at NAPA we discovered the gasket part number for the housing (15211) is now obsolete. O'REILLY was no help and I stopped at a local big truck shop that sold Fleetguard, they looked at me crazy. So, maybe the spreadsheet needs to be updated at some point. There has to be another option.

Broke Down

Update, I was able to use the WIX gaskets. I had to take the complete housing off and press them in with a box end wrench. Don't stretch them they are undersized so you can squeeze them in the groove.

20180303_130517.jpg
20180303_134353.jpg

Broke Down

Took it for a spin today, I think I have air in it. Sometimes it has power, sometimes can't make it up a hill. I might drop the fuel tank next weekend and clean it too. That is what I get for letting it sit up. Thanks for the help and advice, everyone.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took it for a spin today, I think I have air in it. Sometimes it has power, sometimes can't make it up a hill. I might drop the fuel tank next weekend and clean it too. That is what I get for letting it sit up. Thanks for the help and advice, everyone.
Unless it is sucking air someplace , the design of the multi-fuel will purge the air out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks