• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secondary Fuel Transfer...

devilman96

I am getting ready to do the plumbing on my Deuce's second tank and was debating the need for a vent line between the two tanks.

I am using a 24V external fuel pump which will be frame mounted and controlled by a toggle switch in the cab. One of the line taps in the top of the tank now has a SS drop tube for suction installed on it and the pump opening has a cover plate. The idea is to pump from the spare tank into the trucks main tank ether while driving or standing, the main is retaining its stock internal pump so no changes on that side.

Being that these are non vented tanks I think there would be a need for a vent line between the two in order to prevent vapor lock but it never hurts to ask what others are doing before hacking and whacking into something that may or may not need to be there

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need that vent for sure Mike. You could run a vent line from the return fitting on the aux tank across the truck to the main tank and tee into the 3/16" vent of that tank. In that configuration both tanks would be vented up into the engine compartment.

rmgill

Run that vent line into a T somewhere in the Vent tube for the fuel tank. Make sure you split out the Airpack and Master Cylinder Vents though to a new vent line per that PS magazine article while you're there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks