• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE charge light dimly lit

319cssb

I have moved the FLU419 the other day and forgot to turn off the main disconnect. Today I started the truck and the charge light lit up bright red, it usually turns off when I give it a short rev. But this time it stayed dimly lit. With the truck revving more it started to flash . When I turned the truck off and back on the light lit up less, but then again more. Bat voltage is 12.5 and 12.7. I am not sure what’s up z is it due to the battery not fully charged or is there a voltage drop somewhere? I don’t have a way to charge it where it is at. So what to do?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the batteries being deadish would have loaded the alternator heavily and there could be a resistive connection along the way to the batteries. The red charge light is roughly proportional to the difference in voltage between the field excitation v and the alt output v. As battery voltage pulls up, the light gets dimmer. Your description sounds like all is well in the system.

What is the battery voltage after the lamp goes out?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or I have the wrong alternators in mine. They exceed the battery at rest voltage by quite a bit, much like all the other alternators in other vehicles I have.

That's not based on my opinion, by the way, but knowledge of basic electrics and experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks