• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seized Fan clutch

svr2600146

Replacing water pump on 93 6.2 HmmWV. Have tried compressed air but no luck. Any suggestions.
I have been unable to remove the four 8mm hex bolts in order to move forward.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toss all of it in scrap. If your pump is no good, and neither is the clutch, all you would gain are the fasteners.

svr2600146

Didn't work. Had adequate pressure. Should the fan blade be cut off to remove the hex bolts attaching the fan assembly to the water pump pulley?

Action

I dont have that clutch to look at, but feel the engine side of the clutch for about 6 small bolt heads. They hold the plates on the back. Removing these may help free it up without cutting things.

YES, I just looked in the TM. The 6 screws hold on 3 plates. With them off, the 2 friction linigs should come out. You can see the complete assembly in an exploded view in the TM.

Last edited:
i just freed mine up the other day. I sprayed it with PB blaster and let it sit for a few minutes. I did that 3 times. then i gave the back sides a few smacks with a pry bar and a hammer.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to use a rubber mallet/dead blow hammer while applying air pressure. It took quite a few smacks while rotating it to hit more than one spot.