• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sergeant York had a CAT scan...

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure but could be with some combination of the cruise control stuff. When the trans is in neutral you can control idle speed in small increments with the cruise control accelerate and decelerate buttons.
Is it possible to trigger it on the A1? Mine seems to switch over from high to low fast idle occasionally when cold. Happens a lot

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to trigger it on the A1? Mine seems to switch over from high to low fast idle occasionally when cold. Happens a lot
My A1 will slightly raise idle when cold and idling on its own. But it waivers and never really reaches a high idle. However, if I use the rocker switch in the cab, it idles right up.
@Lostchain was telling me about this effect. It seems to be a quirk of the 3126 engine computer. The C7 trucks don't do this. Their idle is the same at all temps on my truck and every other one I've worked with.

I'm not sure what the idea was with that programming.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Lostchain was telling me about this effect. It seems to be a quirk of the 3126 engine computer. The C7 trucks don't do this. Their idle is the same at all temps on my truck and every other one I've worked with.

I'm not sure what the idea was with that programming.
Mine (3126) goes to fast idle on the switch or if it's cold and has been idling for a while without being exercised. It doesn't waiver, but more ramps up to the fast idle of the switched function. Not a aggressive ramp, but not an overly casual one either. It does hold the idle speed when it gets there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks