• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serpentine belt for Cummins 8.3

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All-
It just occurred to me to make sure I have a spare serpentine belt. After checking the 5 ton parts list, it isn't listed.

Does anyone have a crossover number for NAPA, O'Reillys etc?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
All-
It just occurred to me to make sure I have a spare serpentine belt. After checking the 5 ton parts list, it isn't listed.

Does anyone have a crossover number for NAPA, O'Reillys etc?
It is.

Row 360. All A2 specific parts are at the bottom of the spreadsheet below the A2 only banner

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is the part that gives the serpentine belt its no slip and longevity qualities.
Belt tensionors fail in all the ways a spring loaded rotating thing fail, subtly/insidiously.

Just cross reference this one and or buy install it to make your things as new. Less problems that way.

xGROMx

I had an issue of my tensioner hitting the water pump clutch. I replaced with a Gates K080680HD, It was close but didn't tap it anymore. Just now replaced the Alternator with a newer style from Jim Cox and now the belt is too loose and the tensioner is riding the clutch.

The new alt came with a longer lower bracket to compensate size differences. My questions now fall on what other components could make the belt seem too long, wrong idler size, wrong tentioner size. A lot of hands have been on it before me.

Going to look for a size smaller belt in the morning, if that isn't an option going to find a piece of stock and lengthen the lower bracket a bit.

Any suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks